TEST

Discussion in 'EMC Matters' started by Ken G3SDW, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Ken G3SDW

Ken G3SDW Moderator

Testing Testing
    Ken G3SDW
  2. gm3sek

gm3sek New Member

Isn't it time to declare this forum dead, and move EMC Help out into the big wide world where people can see it?

Heaven knows there's a need for a UK-wide EMC Help forum, so it should be heaving with activity here. But it isn't... which means that something is very badly wrong.

In complete contrast, other forums like RSGBtech, RSGBworkshop, UKmicrowaves and all the special-interest groups are thriving - and the main thing they have in common is that they are not inside the RSGB website. These days they are mostly on groups.io, which makes it very easy to find and join other groups. There is also a lot of cross-posting and cross-membership between groups, so ideas get passed around freely and new enquiries can easily be guided to a more appropriate forum. This is the Internet working as it should.

Meanwhile, this forum continues in its quiet isolation...

This is absolutely no reflection on you, Ken, or any other member of the RSGB EMC committee... but as things are, this forum is not reaching enough people.

73 from Ian GM3SEK
  3. Ken G3SDW

Ken G3SDW Moderator

Instead of voicing your opinion on here Ian, and i know were you are coming from, then don`t you think that its better that you contact the EMCC directly.
    Ken G3SDW
  4. gm3sek

gm3sek New Member

Sorry, Ken - absolutely not! That would be a complete pretence because we both know that EMCC members are reading this. After 50 years of RSGB bureaucracy (much of it witnessed from the inside) I have zero tolerance for that kind of nonsense.

If you have time, Ken, it would be interesting to see the monthly traffic statistics - bearing in mind that the actual member engagement is about half that raw figure. The other half of the traffic comes from your own good stewardship.

73 from Ian GM3SEK
  5. G3YMC

G3YMC Member

I am one of the very few who look at this forum every day. I agree with Ian, it is not achieving its purpose and very few even know it exists. As for monthly statistics, I noticed just the other day that there had not been a single post here or the other forums hosted here for over a month. By contrast the various groups.io email/forum lists Ian mentions are a hive of activity.

73 Dave G3YMC